Rest, rest and more rest
Hello my friends,
I guess I should take Abby's advice and update this thing. :o) Let's see...I am officially 22 weeks and 1 day pregnant with a bouncing baby boy we are going to call Victor James. We thought that with such a string name, we are preparing him to do great things. :o) We ran into a few complications about 12 days ago with my health and possibly little Vic's health:
-At our 15 week appt my doctor noticed I had an elevated blood pressure (nothing to worry about at that point but something to watch) and was told to go walking a bit more, cut down on my sodium intake and monitor things. We did just that.
-At or 20 week apt the doctor noticed that even with all the modifications we made (including a 9 pound weight loss- hooray!) my blood pressure climbed a bit more. We were told to continue the low sodium diet and stop by the office or call in my blood pressure each day. All was fine until Friday, May 8th when my BP jumped to 160/108 and they admitted me into the hospital for further evaluation.
-In the hospital, it was determined that I must have had a pre-existing BP condition (even though I was never told my numbers were high) and kidney problems. They ruled out pre ecclampsia (thank God!) and pregnancy induced hypertension and just stated that I have chronic hypertension which is regulated my blood pressure meds. After Victor is born they will start looking at my kidneys to determine the next course of action with that.
-So, now here I am on bed rest (with bathroom privileges-YES!!) wondering how I'll survive they next 16 weeks! Unfortunately I'm unable to have visitors as it is said to stimulate my BP. So, with that said, you'll prolly see a lot of me on facebook!
I guess that's it for now!


4 Comments:
So glad you are home Lisa. We'll keep praying for you and baby Vic and for the time to pass quickly :)
wow! yeah I just found out recently about your hospital visit - somehow I missed the news on fb. I would love to give you a phone call from time to time. Will you email me your phone number? I've tried your cell numerous times the last few weeks but with no success. leahleah96@hotmail.com
yay :) I'm glad you updated...not glad that you're on bedrest though! We are praying for you and baby Victor. Keep us updated!
Lisa, how scary. Isn't it awesome the medical knowledge we have now to help us with that stuff? I have no idea how you're doing it. I hate sitting for an hour. You'll probably get really good at solitaire, updated on all the latest news, and really well read. Consider it a blessing of the rest because when that baby comes...there won't be ANY! :)
Take care!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home