Lisa Marie

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Roach

Hello friends!
Well, I've done it: I've finally entered the blogging world.
Thanks, it's good to be here.
For my first post, I chose something a little scary to talk about: the roach.
I hope you enjoy my ramblings, there are many more to follow.
And now, onto the story:

It all began at 7:02 this morning.
First off, I woke up 12 minutes late and felt a bit in a hurry.
Now, since I live in South TX, it seems that as of late all the roaches of the world
(red, brown, yellow, black and white...they are precious in His sight :o)
have decided to migrate here and there's not a cotton-pickin thing to be done about it!
Anyway, I normally scope out the bathroom (the shower in particular) for it seems they like to hide on the walls way at the top near the ceiling, and this time I did not.
So here I am in the shower at 7:05, getting my hair all nice and wet.
Suddenly I feel a scurrying of little feet over my foot and up the side of my leg.
Immediately I know!
I pushed open the shower door and skidded to a stop safely on the bathmat while my heart is nearly jumping out of my body.
I actually considered not finishing my shower for fear of my little friend showing up again.
So I bravely open the shower door and notice that he is struggling with the drain.
I then aim the water spout directly onto the drain and off he goes never to haunt me again!
Needless to say I was still jumpy throughout my shower with every little tickle I might have felt.
So...the moral of the story is to ALWAYS survey the area before showering.

Thanks and have a great day!

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2008 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Jade said...

isnt it SO sick how you get goosebumps and your hair stands on end and you feel like something is crawling all over you just by the MERE sighting of a roach??!!? I myself had a nasty roach experience this morning. They definately have migrated south for the winter. BLAST those evil spawns of satan! Blast!

 
At September 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM , Blogger ryansmith2001 said...

Say hallo to my little fren. I have to say I don't miss the ginormous roaches in Texas. In the DC area people get all upset over what looks like a baby roach to me. But, I wasn't sure what this story was going to be about judging by the title. I thought it may be about another kind of "roach" especially in quotes and all (not that my little sister would ever do anything like that). JK. Your as animated as ever in your descriptions, Lisa.

 
At September 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM , Blogger leah said...

hey you got a blog! I enjoyed this roach story, and I can definitely relate. I hate them so much, and I think Andrew hates them even more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home